08 December 2010

What happened?

The blog has not been updated. I have been so caught up with my work from the role change and other responsibilites in the office. In the midst of the work madness, we sold our flat, moved to my mom's place and travelled to Japan for 10D 11N. It was fun, but very tiring for me and Mike.

After the trip, I went back into work madness and my paternal grandmother passed away last Tuesday. The kids were curious. Both requested to look at great-grandmother in her coffin. She looked very peaceful. I was not sad. Glad that she passed on peacefully in her nap after her usual breakfast w coffee. The tears only came when we took one last look before the coffin was closed.

M & Jo got to know the extended family whom we meet only twice a year, at CNY and grandmother's birthday. There were 7 great-grandchildren (including M & Jo), from 1.5-year-old to 6-year-old to 21-year-old. The two older ones (19 and 21) helped to take care of the little ones and kept them entertained while we went about our duties.

Last night, M requested to write an invitation. To invite his new-found friend / cousin XinYi to our house to play. He probably doesn't remember, but they did play together before. We will meet up soon.

No comments: