27 February 2011

4 years ago....

at this time, I think I was looking at Matthew and thinking about his future, worrying if he will accept his little sister, wondering how we are going to handle 2 children, wondering how he is going to be during my 3-night hospital stay.

In another 10 hours, 4 years ago, we saw our beautiful daughter for the very first time. I remembered she was screaming, I talked to her, she immediately stopped crying as if she knew mommy was talking to her. Tears rolled down her cheeks and my cheeks! Her big eyes were open! I still remember our paediatrician Dr Dorothy Ong pushing her screaming into my hospital room and she was already a chilli padi at 1 day old!

Watching Joanne grow up everyday, her cheekiness, her big smile, her smily eyes, her tantrums, her sweetness. How she slept alone as a baby, how she stopped latching on one night (after I reprimanded her for biting me, she refused to latch!), how she is addicted to TV, how she loves her brother and always remember to share good things (such as sweets) with him. It has been an amazing journey with her so far. She made a difference to our life and she continues to amaze us everyday...

Dear Joanne, Happy 4th birthday! Be good, less tantrums and eat less! We love you!

No comments: