24 February 2011

6 years ago....

at this hour, I was worrying about having to go through C-section to deliver Matthew. I had always wanted to give birth naturally, but my kids' heads were simply too big and I'm too small sized.

In another 13 hours, 6 years ago, we set our eyes on our son Matthew for the 1st time. It was such an emotional experience. But I did not get to see him again till more than 24 hours, because he was admitted into NICU for water in his lungs. For him, I had to make myself get up to go 6th floor to see him. For him, I had to pump pump pump in order to get some breastmilk for the nurses to feed him. For him,.... everything else was secondary.

To see Matthew grow everyday, finding out about his left ear at 6mths, our 1st family trip to Perth at 13mths, doing jigsaw puzzles, building duplo at 15mths, singing and dancing in Dr Lynne Lin's office at ENT during one of the review sessions, carrying his little sister Joanne at the hospital, kissing her, going to CCC at 27mths, from a shy boy to a confident boy, changing to church kindergarten at 35mths, starting music lessons at his request at 38mths, switching to full day CCC at 4yrs, learning to play 1 page piano piece at 5yrs and now he's 6 yrs old...

Happy 6th Birthday, Matthew! You are a big boy now, be good!

No comments: